Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Cover Lover :-)

So today I'm surfing the net when I come across a post called "35 Amazing Book Covers from 2011". Hyped, I click right away thinking that I am going to see something ... well ... amazing.

Meh, not so much.

Posts like this make me feel stupid. I scrolled down, liking the next one worse than the last, thinking the whole time I just don't get it. I've never claimed to be particularly "deep", and I'm not a writer like most of the people who post on Chirenjenzie. That being said, I know what I like, and I didn't like any of these.

Of course, they're not YA. Maybe that's the problem.

Take a sec and click here  and look for yourself ... I'll wait ...

Ya back? See what I mean? Ugh!

Now I'm like Chi and I hate negativity, so I'm leaving this post with something positive. Here are three of my favorite covers. Two of the books I loved, one I hated. But that's for another post!

 


What about you? What's your favorite book cover? 
Posted by: Brittany, the YA girl :-)

2 comments:

  1. I tried to post this earlier, but was having problems. I agree, those covers aren't very enticing. The three you posted are much nicer. I'm curious which one you didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the covers of the books you posted here. I know that I am usually wrong when I judge books by their covers- but I do it often. I like the cover of the HP books- I can look at them for hours. Thanks for posting the link to the covers. I thought there were a few good one- but not what I was expecting!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete